Backend Software Engineer
The Backend Software Engineer performs a wide variety of backend engineering activities to support our innovative technology platform. This includes integrating healthcare provider data into our systems and writing clean and maintainable code. The ideal candidate is a data-enthusiast with an entrepreneurial mindset and strong work ethic. As a member of our core engineering team, this position plays a vital role in our small team and helps shape our company and culture.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Integrate healthcare provider data into our systems
- Push clean, readable code and documentation with Git
- Apply statistical data analysis techniques, including sampling, descriptive statistics, and regression
- Minimum 3 years of Python experience with web or data applications
- Mastery in SQL and experience cleaning and preparing data
- Good working knowledge of statistical data analysis techniques, including sampling, descriptive statistics, regression, etc.
- Excitement and expertise for a high-pace startup environment
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
- Bonus: Kaggle competitions or similar
- Bonus: Basic understanding of supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms
Why Join Our Team
- Help reduce medical bills for people nationwide
- A great San Francisco location less than two blocks from Montgomery Station
- Friendly, chill office environment with a collaborative, motivated team
- Flat organization – your ideas have impact
- Generous compensation, including equity
- Annual allowance for education/conferences
- Sweet tech (monitors, keyboards, chairs) and company swag
Atlas develops technology to match patients with the best financial aid programs to fund their medical care. We have the largest database of medical financial aid programs, including philanthropic foundations, government-sponsored programs, and more. Our matching engine processes clinical, financial, insurance, demographic, and claims data to return confidence-scored program matches and projected reimbursements that drastically reduce or eliminate medical bills for patients.
Atlas values diversity of all kinds, and we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.