Manager of Client Services
The Manager of Client Services performs the day-to-day coordination of implementation, training, and ongoing support for Atlas health system clients. This position is a direct client-facing role working extensively with leadership, users, and technical teams to ensure timely implementation of Atlas products and services. The Manager oversees all phases of the implementation cycle, establishes program plans and schedules, tracks issues, manages deadlines, and drives on-time execution for Atlas strategic and tactical business initiatives. The Manager functions as an expert resource in all areas associated with product and service implementations.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Understands and documents current state client operational workflows. Designs effective future state client operational workflows to maximize implementation and product efficiencies, monitors quality performance measures and confirms appropriate completion of work assignments including onboarding patients, tracking enrollments, financial awards, appropriate posting, payments and account reconciliation.
- Coordinates resources to effectively ensure successful execution of all implementation objectives, including data integration, in a timely and cost-effective manner. Ensures that the highest quality of service is provided.
- Monitors programs daily to track progress against the schedule, resolves risks/issues and manage program changes. Designs an internal company project tracking system for each client and maintains documentation for each client project.
- Develops methods, guidelines, and policies to facilitate efficient service delivery. Develops and monitors staff productivity and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to provide guidance on action plans, meeting goals, and improving performance.
- Mediates and escalates issues arising from client implementation activities. Coordinates action plans with Atlas leadership team including engineering. Makes certain all client issues are satisfactorily resolved in a timely manner.
- Provides input to Atlas leadership for strategic decisions that affect corporate-wide operational effectiveness. Promotes teamwork, discussion, and cooperation among internal and external staff, ensuring timely communication and sharing of information.
- Monitors the operating and capital budget for field service operations, identifying discrepancies, forecasted needs, opportunities and efficiencies and initiates best practices to operate more effectively and control expenditures to assure adherence to approved budgets.
- Oversees the scheduling, training, coaching and mentoring of Atlas-employed Patient Financial Navigators and performs on-site client services including product education, implementation, data integration and problem resolution.
- Identifies and understands current and future opportunities for client-based program growth and development, leading teams to engage all stakeholders to ensure optimal client performance, including continuous enrollments and utilization of services.
- Acts as liaison between users, clients, sales, and engineering to facilitate an understanding of provider specific software configurations.
- Identifies and communicates risks to internal and external teams. Leads the action planning process to mitigate risks in a timely manner. Responsible for ensuring that operational requirements are clearly articulated, documented, and executed.
- This position reports to the Director of Field Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or health related field.
- Minimum 3+ years of practical and progressive experience in large, complex, health system program implementations; technical experience preferred.
- 2+ years management experience preferred.
- Advanced program management experience gained through managing large and complex programs and/or oversight of multiple programs concurrently.
- Ability to proactively establish and foster collaborative partnerships with numerous internal and external stakeholders, including executives, department leaders, account managers, directors, and other business partners.
- Ability to understand and manage complicated operational detail and communicate clearly, internally and externally based on audience.
- History of building strong, executive level relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills; open to criticism and ideas; establishes an overall collaborative working relationship; persuasive; holds people accountable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively, gain credibility and influence across all levels internally and within customer organizations.
- Applied understanding of SaaS delivery, go-to-market considerations, pre-sales scope of work analysis, operations, budgeting, systems, client onboarding, and program management.
- Understanding healthcare industry trends for revenue cycle management, health system pharmacy, and familiarity with patient assistance programs.
- Strong public speaking/presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to manage collaboration meetings.
- Demonstrated success in managing the implementation of complex software products for health systems preferred.
Why Join Our Team
- Help reduce medical bills for people nationwide
- A great San Francisco location less than two blocks from Montgomery Station
- Friendly, chill office environment with a collaborative, motivated team
- Flat organization – your ideas have impact
- Generous compensation, including equity
- Annual allowance for education/conferences
- Sweet tech (monitors, keyboards, chairs) and company swag
Atlas develops technology to match patients with the best financial aid programs to fund their medical care. We have the largest database of medical financial aid programs, including philanthropic foundations, government-sponsored programs, and more. Our matching engine processes clinical, financial, insurance, demographic, and claims data to return confidence-scored program matches and projected reimbursements that drastically reduce or eliminate medical bills for patients.
Atlas values diversity of all kinds, and we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.